The purpose of the Childcare Action Plan is to understand community needs and create child care spaces in Golden and CSRD Area A.
Child Care Action Plan
This plan offers steps to guide the community in creating a vibrant and accessible child care landscape to meet the diverse needs of our community.
These are some of the main findings:
- Golden and Area A lacks 121 child care spaces for children from birth to 36 months;
- A lack of qualified Early Childhood Educators poses the most significant challenge to opening spaces;
- Families appreciate and need a variety of child care settings and diverse offerings (child care & home-based centres, flexible schedules, etc.).
Summary of the child care action plan’s recommendations:
- Quality Community-Wide Child Care
- Shared Intake and Waitlist Platform
- Local ECE Recruitment and Retention – Sector Development Plan
- Early Childhood Education Learning Hub
- Shared Early Childhood Educator Sub-Pool
- Spaces Offering Flexible and Non-Traditional Hours
- French and Bilingual Child Care Spaces
- Culturally Enriching Indigenous Child Care Spaces